Sometimes, cooking just isn’t the most fun. But that doesn’t mean you have to give up on dessert! This simple guide will teach you how to cook pudding in an oven for your kids who are not quite ready for another all-day baking project.
I am a mom and have had many different experiences with cooking. One of the most recent is using an oven for pudding, but it has been so hard to find any recipes that don’t involve boiling water!
Making a simple pudding recipe in an oven is much simpler than you might think. Follow this guide to learn how easy it can be!
This article will give you step-by-step instructions on how to make your own pudding in the oven.
- Can you cook pudding in the oven?
- Can instant pudding be put in the oven?
- How long does cooked pudding take to set?
- How to cook Rice pudding in the oven?
- Baked Vanilla Pudding Recipe
- Tips to Remember When Making A Baked Pudding
Can you cook pudding in the oven?
Yes, you can cook pudding in an oven. The pudding is a simple old fashioned recipe for cooking pudding in an oven is easy to make and uses ingredients you may already have on hand! Simply add the required amount of milk, sugar, cornstarch, butter or margarine and vanilla extract. Put it all into a saucepan over low heat, stir until boiling then cook for 3 minutes. You can also add chocolate chips if desired!
Can instant pudding be put in the oven?
The answer is yes, instant pudding can be put in the oven. It’s a great way to cook dessert without having to turn on your stove or microwave. Just tie a length of kitchen twine around the lip of the bowl before cooking and it will keep it from overflowing. Instant pudding recipes are typically cooked with boiling water and not milk
For a traditional pudding, tie a length of kitchen twine around the lip of the bowl. If your oven is not plumbed, you’ll need to top up the water tank at least once during the cooking time and make sure that there is enough room for the pan to swell without touching any walls or racks.
How long does cooked pudding take to set?
Cooked pudding can take up to an hour or more to set depending on the oven temperature. Begin by preheating your oven and preparing all of your ingredients at least 30 minutes in advance so they are ready when you start cooking.
To make the pudding soft, cook it for one hour or until the knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
How to cook Rice pudding in the oven?
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups water
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- In a 3 quart pot, combine uncooked rice and water. Bring the water to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (165 degrees C).
- Whisk together the beaten eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in a large mixing basin. Combine thoroughly. Mix in the rice and raisins. Fill a 10x6x2 inch baking dish halfway with the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, uncovered; mix pudding and sprinkle with nutmeg. 30 minutes more, or until a knife inserted halfway between the edge and the middle comes out clean.
You can cook a rice pudding in the oven, but it’s not recommended. The caloric information is 200 calories, 9g total fat, 5g protein and 25g total carbohydrate.
Baked Vanilla Pudding Recipe
12 lg eggs
1 1/2 c sugar
1/2 tsp salt
5 c whole milk
1 Tbsp vanilla extractground nutmeg, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing basin, combine the eggs, sugar, and salt. Combine half of the milk and vanilla with the eggs/sugar mixture, making sure the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the remaining milk. Pour into the prepared baking dish once thoroughly combined. If desired, top with ground nutmeg.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow cooling after removing from the oven. Place in the refrigerator to totally cool. To serve, cut into squares.
Tips to Remember When Making A Baked Pudding
A baked pudding is a type of dessert that is cooked in an oven. The science and art of baking are key to making a delicious, moist and fluffy pudding. Here are some helpful tips for you to remember when making your own!
1) Use the right pan:
The most important thing to remember when cooking with an oven is to use the right pan size. Using too big or too small will result in a dry, flaky mess. A good rule of thumb would be 6-8 cups of pudding per 9×13-inch pan.
2) Use the right amount of baking soda:
The amount of baking powder and baking soda used in a baked pudding can be tricky. To avoid soggy puddings, use less than one tablespoon (0.5 teaspoons) for every cup of milk or cream that you have added to your mixture. If this is still too much, add more vanilla extract instead! Remember that it’s better to taste a little too much vanilla than have a soggy pudding.
3) Bake your pudding on the middle rack of the oven:
The temperature of your oven is important when baking puddings. Place it in the center, or on any rack with even heat distribution for best results with baked puddings.
When you are making a baked pudding, the first thing that is necessary for success is to preheat your oven. The next step will be to use measuring cups and ingredients which need to be at room temperature. Additionally, this recipe takes about 30 minutes or an hour of preparation time as well.