Cooking with frozen meat could be a challenge. Some people will say it’s impossible to cook the meat, but this article explains that you can make amazing dishes from frozen pork chops!
It’s been a long day, and you are just looking for some quick dinner. You want something that is easy to make, simple to eat when you are hungry on the go—and pork chops from frozen seem like the answer!
Sometimes it can be difficult finding time in our busy lives. What if there was an easy way out of this? Yes, we found one! This article will tell you how to cook pork chops from frozen so that they come out perfectly.
Learn how to cook pork chops from frozen that come out crispy and delicious every time, no matter what you’re craving!
Pork chops are usually cooked from fresh, but it is also possible to cook them from frozen. If you want your pork chops for dinner to be ready in a quick amount of time and don’t want the hassle of thawing them out, cooking them directly from the freezer is a convenient option.
Can I cook frozen pork without defrosting?
Yes, you can cook pork chops from frozen without defrosting. However, cooking times will be 50% longer than if fresh or thawed out. Ensure that the middle reaches 70°C for at least 2 minutes to destroy any harmful bacteria. Pork products should be thoroughly cooked and not served ‘rare’ or ‘pink’.
Cooking frozen pork chops is easy, especially if you have a convenient way of cooking them. You can cook them directly from the freezer and there are multiple ways to do it.
How long should I cook frozen pork chops in the oven?
Typically, it takes about 20 minutes to cook frozen pork chops in the oven at 400 degrees. It’s best to check your meat after 12-15 minutes to make sure they are done cooking.
You can cook frozen pork chops in the oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, but this is not a good idea. Pork should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F and you want it to take 30-40 minutes on average.
How long does it take to cook frozen pork chops?
The time that it takes to cook frozen pork chops varies based on the oven you are cooking them in. If you’re using a conventional oven, they take up to 40 minutes. Convection ovens will take around 35 minutes and microwave-safe pans should take about 10-12 minutes.
It’s a good idea to cook them in an Air Fryer. You can cook them in a Ninja Foodi or Cosori Air Fryer. If you want to cook frozen pork chops, it can take about 15 minutes for them to be fully cooked in a Ninja Foodi or Cosori Air Fryer.
How to Cook Frozen Pork Chops
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Pork Chop
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 c Italian dressing
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Place the frozen chops in a basin and cover with cold water for 1 minute.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chops with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Sear for 2 minutes on each side in avocado oil.
- Pour in the Italian dressing.
- Place the pan in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the pork chop reaches 140°F. Allow 5-8 minutes for the pork chops to rest before serving.
How to cook frozen pork chops on the stove
If you intend to prepare frozen pork chops for dinner, you may do so right from the freezer. Isn’t it amazing? You don’t even need a grill or an oven to do it. It can be prepared directly on the stovetop.
- First and foremost, the meat must be marinated. You may use whatever marination you like for this. I like to use Italian herbs and garlic, although paprika and jerk spice can also be used. Season liberally because the marinade will not easily adhere to the frozen meat.
- In the meantime, heat the oil or butter in the pan. When the oil is heated, add the pork chops and fry them. After 5 minutes, flip to allow the other side to color as well.
- Now you must turn the paper again and check to see if all sides have been colored. Reduce the heat to low-medium and cover with a lid. Allow the beef to cook for around 15 minutes over low heat. The pork chops will continue to cook in their own juices.
- When the timer turns off, check the inside temperature. Take note that the temperature should be 155 degrees. If not, keep cooking and flipping. When it’s done, remove it from the pan and set it aside to rest before serving.