Air fryers are great for cooking all types of foods quickly, but can they also cook baked potatoes? Let’s find out.
There are many different air fryers on the market these days. Some are small and take up very little space in your kitchen while others might need to be placed on a countertop or table. Whichever type you choose will work well depending on what you are looking for.
If you’ve ever had a baked potato, then you have probably asked the question: can air fryers cook baked potatoes? They are a great and healthy alternative to french fries.
Can Air Fryers cook Baked Potatoes?
Yes. Air fryers can cook baked potatoes. if you have an air fryer, cooking baked potatoes is not a problem. in fact, it can be a delicious way to cook them! all you have to do is preheat your air fryer to the desired temperature. Because air fryers cook quickly, they might not be able to bake your potato correctly. This is why you’ll need to flip the potatoes in your air fryer every 20 minutes for an even distribution of heat. And you can have a perfectly baked potato every time!
How long to cook potato in an air fryer?
It’s no secret that air fryers consume less energy and emit less of those awful fumes than a traditional oven. They also cook your food much faster! It’s no wonder more and more people are choosing to purchase an air fryer for their kitchen. We’re going to take a look at how long you need to cook a potato in an air fryer, so you can decide if it’s the right appliance for your home.
In the case of potatoes, you can cook them for about 45 minutes on high power in your air fryer. This involves 5 minutes of preparation and 40 minutes of actual cooking. To be safe, it’s always best to eat potatoes straight from the oven with a paper towel on top.
As you may be already aware, most air fryers are much smaller than your average oven. Because of this, it might take you a little longer to get the desired results when trying to cook larger dishes. The good news is that for such a small machine (and with only one heating element) you can still cook just about anything you could make in a traditional oven, and even some things which would not normally be possible.
Of course, this means you’ll need to adjust your cooking times accordingly. For example, a larger item such as a pizza will take much longer in an air fryer than it would in a traditional oven. Meanwhile, something such as fish fillets should only need a minute or two per side.
How to Cook Baked Potatoes in an Air Fryer
How I made baked potatoes in my Air Fryer in 10 easy steps.
- I wash them and dry them which took about 5 minutes.
- After that, I tossed them into the Air Fryer basket.
- I sprayed them lightly with cooking spray. Any type of cooking spray will suffice. I’m using avocado oil, and it’s fantastic.
- I simply rotate the potatoes and spray them on all sides to ensure even cooking. This helps the peel crisp up and the spice adheres to the potato skins. If you don’t have cooking spray, a light sprinkle of oil would be enough. Rub the potato skins to coat them. I’d suggest using a high-smoke-point oil like avocado or even canola.
- After that, I liberally season them with sea salt and garlic powder.
- For 3 or 4 potatoes, I use 1/2 teaspoon of each. I spread everything out with my hands and make sure it’s evenly coated.
- Then I cooked them for around 40 minutes in the Air Fryer at 400 degrees.
- I did glance at them after about 20 minutes of cooking time and flipped them over.
- On top, the skins appeared to be somewhat brown. So I delicately flipped them over with some tongs again.
- After 40 minutes, I got wonderfully baked potatoes
What to add on top your Air fried Baked Potatoes
- yogurt with sour cream
- Chives, fresh or dried
- Cheddar, Monterey Jack, and Pepper Jack cheeses, shredded
- Bacon – crispy smoked bacon that has been cooked.
- Onions – scallions or onion straws, chopped
- Salsa, either canned or made-from-scratch
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- Dip in white queso
- ham, chopped
- Salmon that has been smoked
Baking potatoes in an air fryer is easier than you might think! Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, wash your potatoes, and make some cuts in them so they roast evenly. Add a little bit of olive oil to the tray, place your potatoes on it with the cut side up, and put them in the air fryer for 45-60 minutes.
- Can you put butter in a Silicone Microwave Popcorn Popper? - June 18, 2023
- How to Use the Multi-Layer Rack in an Air Fryer - June 18, 2023
- Big Boss Air Fryer Review: Is the 16-Quart Oil-less Air Fryer Worth the Hype? - June 18, 2023