When you hear the word “fried” in a recipe, it’s usually related to something deep-fried. Fried Oreos are not only a treat for your taste buds but also the perfect dessert for summer picnics and cookouts.
If you’re looking to make fried Oreos without all the fat and calories, look no further than these sweet treats made using regular flour instead of batter. While this recipe does take a bit more time to prepare, it’s still an easy-to-make treat for a fun family meal.
This article is an easy-to-follow guide on how you can make fried Oreos with flour that is just as good as the rest.
Can you make fried Oreos with flour?
You can make fried Oreos using flour and other ingredients that are found in your kitchen. To make the gluten-free batter, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, egg and milk. Flour is added gradually to avoid lumps forming. Vanilla provides a delicate flavor that can’t be achieved with just salt or spices.
The mixture should then be mixed for about 3 minutes before adding 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil into it so as not to cause any clumping on top of your dough balls while frying them up later on in this recipe! The end result will have a light, fluffy and crispy crust that is just as delicious as any other fried Oreo!
Fried Oreos are deep-fried Oreo cookies dipped in pancake batter. This post will teach you how to create this fried Oreos with flour quickly and effortlessly.
How to make Fried Oreos Recipe with Flour
- One cup of all-purpose flour
- 16 Oreo cookies
- Two tablespoons of white granulated sugar
- Three fourth a cup of whole milk
- A pinch of salt according to taste
- Half a teaspoon of baking powder
- One egg, beaten
- Two teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (for topping)
- Frying oil
- First, whisk together the egg, sugar, salt, vanilla essence, and milk. After that, add the flour and baking powder. And continue to whisk until smooth.
- Heat the frying oil in a deep-bottomed pan so that the Oreos may be deep-fried. Increase the heat to medium.
- Coat the individual Oreos in the batter you previously created.
- Deep-fry the batter-coated Oreos for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Take it out and pat the extra oil dry with a paper towel.
- Once all of the deep-fried Oreos have been removed from the oil and drained, filter powdered sugar over them and serve.
How many calories are in one fried Oreo?
It depends on the type of flour and heat to which it is cooked. A deep-fried Oreo can have about 125 calories. Fried Oreos are typically made with regular flour or cake flour, but you can use all-purpose flour as well.