Air fryers are trending right now. Many people are starting to cook with them. But one question still remains unanswered. Can you cook keropok with an air fryer?
Yes, you can! And it’s super simple. Mix the batter and let it sit for 10 minutes (if you do this, the Keropoks will not stick to each other while cooking). Air-fry them for 2 to 3 mins depending on your air fryer model.
Keropok, also known as prawn crackers is a popular snack in Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, etc. It’s sometimes deep-fried and crispy but with the air fryer, you don’t need to deep fry it to make it crunchy.
If you’re going for a low-calorie snack then this Air Fryer Keropok recipe is perfect for you. Why? Because besides being air fried, the recipe does NOT use flour or oil! So even if you are trying to avoid carbs, this is an option for when your cravings kick in. If you want to know how to make Keropok, we are here for you.
How to fry Keropok in an Air Fryer
- 100g Dried Prawn Crackers
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
Step by step on how to air fry your keropok
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 200° Celsius.
- 1 tablespoon oil to 100g dry Keropok (prawn crackers) in a large mixing dish
- Toss and make sure that each prawn cracker is completely coated with the oil.
- Separate the crackers and air fried them in batches (about 3 pieces each batch)
- Air fry for 2 to 3 minutes at 200°C, or until golden brown (pull out the basket and shake halfway through frying) (or use a tong to “stir”)
- Repeat with the remaining batches until all of the crackers have been fried.
- Allow cooling before storing in an airtight container.
One of the most popular foods in the world is the deep-fried snack, Keropok. You can buy it in a variety of styles, but it is most commonly sold in the form of a skewer. When served in this manner, Keropok is known as a skewer snack. You can fry mounds of Keropok in an Air Fryer, but because of the way this cooking appliance works, you do not need to deep-fry it. Instead, you can shallow-fry it in a pan to achieve delicious results.
Air Fryers are a great innovation in the kitchen, and can even save money on your grocery bill because they cook foods in a fraction of the time it takes a fryer. However, one of the parts of Air Fryer Cooking is to not deep fry the food; if you want to cook Keropok, you cannot deep fry it, you will just burn it.