It’s summertime, and time for barbecues and backyard cookouts. And the perfect side for every barbecue is breaded chicken. But, if you’re like me and you need to make life easier and there are only a handful of days left to cook your favorite meal, you may want to try air frying your breaded chicken.
can you cook frozen breaded chicken in an air fryer? Yes, you can cook frozen breaded chicken in an air fryer! You will need a package of frozen, breaded chicken breasts with a lot of pepper and salt already mixed into the batter. The first step is to place them in the air fryer basket for cooking in the air fryer.
Next, you’ll need to preheat your Air Fryer for 15 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. The cooking time for the frozen breaded chicken is about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the patty pan from the air fryer and put it on a hot pad to cool for a couple of minutes.
The air fryer’s hot circulating air makes them crispy and delicious. It’s also faster because you don’t have to pre-heat the huge oven for only a few breast fillets. The circulating hot air fryer air perfectly cooks the chicken, and it’s a terrific way to get a quick and simple supper on the table.
With some homemade gravy or a side of vegetables, you’ll have a delicious quick and simple chicken meal in minutes. There are so many different brands to choose from, so have fun with your favorites. We appreciate that these air fryer frozen breaded chicken breasts are healthier than deep frying.
How to Cook Frozen Breaded Chicken in Air Fryer
Here is how to cook frozen breaded chicken in an air fryer.
Ingredients: Breaded Chicken, Salt, Tomato Sauce, Paprika, Garlic Powder
- Preheat the air fryer according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Cut breaded chicken into small cubes and put it in the air fryer basket.
- Bake or cook frozen breaded chicken in the air fryer for about 6-10 minutes.
- Move frozen breaded chicken to a paper towel and sprinkle salt and paprika over it.
- Bake or cook frozen breaded chicken for another 5-6 minutes on each side until the golden brown color is achieved.
- Deglaze air fryer with tomato sauce.
- Then bake or cook frozen breaded chicken in the air fryer for another 5 minutes to allow tomato sauce to absorb.
- Follow this procedure twice to have the best result.
Note: The cooking time may vary according to the thickness of breaded chicken and so are the color of its crust.
The above process is meant for a crispy and delicious appearance. Frozen breaded chicken is easily cooked in an air fryer. This procedure makes frozen breaded chicken taste like freshly cooked one. The crispy chicken can be served with rice or pasta.
Now that you know how to cook frozen breaded chicken in the air fryer, try it out and get ready for the compliments that your family and friends will give you on your well-prepared meal.
Notes and Tips for Air Frying frozen breaded chicken
- There is no need for oil. Cook from frozen – no thawing required.
- Make sure the air fryer basket is not overcrowded. Arrange in a single layer.
- The time for this recipe is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If you cook numerous batches of chicken back to back, the subsequent batches may cook a little faster.
- The recipes were tested in air fryers ranging from 3.7 to 6 quarts. If you use a bigger air fryer, the chicken may cook faster, thus adjust the frying time accordingly.
- Set a timer to flip/toss as suggested in the recipe.
Air frying will assist you in preparing a dinner that your complete family will enjoy. Cooking your favorite brand of frozen chicken strips in the air fryer can also save you time, calories, and fat. When cooked in the air fryer, these chicken strips are a better alternative for your family, decreasing the amount of exposure to harmful oils when compared to the traditional method of deep-frying.
In fact, the entire procedure takes only 12 minutes, which is less time and money than waiting for a seat at your favorite chain restaurant. You may also combine them with a traditional side of frozen fries or a healthy choice like salad, green beans, slaw, or broccoli. The result is a wonderful dish that can be prepped and served in under 15 minutes, making it ideal for a quick weekday supper in between activities or a weekend family dinner that your kids can help prepare.
- Actifry vs Air Fryer: Which is the Best Fryer for You In 2022? - October 22, 2022
- How to Grill in Microwave Convection Oven: The Best Way to Heat, Rack, and Work - September 17, 2022
- How to Use the Multi-Layer Rack in an Air Fryer - September 17, 2022